Over the summer the Tech department made some changes in the wireless network to improve our security, and give the ability to log into other networks to our Chromebooks to facilitate remote learning.
This is a brief over view of those changes.
CCS-Secure - only DISTRICT OWNED devices will connect to this network. These are laptops or Chromebooks issued by the Tech department. NOT phones. If you have a District owned device and it won't connect contact the help desk
CCS-Staff - use this network for your personal devices (cell phones). This network functions like CCS-secure used too...enter your username and password
CCS-Student - this will be used for the middle schools and high school for student Chromebooks and personal student devices. Students username and password are required for this as well.
In the lower right hand corner of the Chromebook click the wireless icon
1. Select "ccs-student" the Join Wifi network dialogue box appears
2. Security should be set to EAP
3. EAP Method should be set to PEAP
4. EAP Phase 2 authentication set to MSCHAPV2
5. Server CA Certificate set to Do Not Check
6. Identity is student's username (firstlast)
7. Password is student's password (A1110000 for example)
CCS-Guest - guest network. Will require registering with our portal once connected. This network has restricted access! If you realize your applications are not behaving correctly make sure you are NOT on this network.
As always contact the Tech Department with any questions